National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) is programme aimed at improving people’s access to quality health care at affordable cost.
- Easy access to a comprehensive (preventive, curative and rehabilitative ) care within accredited health facilities in Nigeria.
- Lab Investigations
- Consultations with physicians
- Covered Medications
- Admission/Inpatient care for max of 21 days in a year.
- For all Nigerians and foreigners that contribute into the Health Insurance scheme fund but for now it is enjoyed by public servants under federal government employment, Bauchi and Cross River State as well as some organized private sector groups/companies, civil servants do not yet pay for it.
- Communities and associations can enjoy it under community based health insurance (CBHI) schemes.
- Those outside 1 and 2 above can join under voluntary contributors programme.
How to access?
Through registration with NHIS at their state offices hence forth you can access our NHIS services
Fore more information visit the NHIS official website
DEPARTMENT OF NHIS FMC, YENAGOA
National Health Insurance Scheme(NHIS) is a unit charged with the responsibility to coordinate social health insurance programmes. We link enrollees to the various hospital care points while ensuring that the hospital recovers cost of such care.
- Research Laboratory