The Federal Medical Centre, Yenagoa takes any complaint made against a member of staff, it’s service or its decision very seriously. When a complaint is made, the complainant has the right to have his or her complaint investigated and a prompt response given.
Complaints can be made at the customer care office/reception located at the hospital’s main entrance. You may also reach the customer care officer or Nodal officer on their telephone numbers that are displayed at various service points in the hospital.
The Servicom Nodal Officer is the designated officer to manage the procedure for handling and considering complaints on behalf of the Medical Director. This Officer will also, where appropriate ensure that any necessary action taken following an investigation of a complaint is properly implemented and monitored. All complaints are taken seriously and are confidentially and expeditiously treated. We will respond to any complaint or suggestion within 48 hours.
Customers have the right to:
- Complain about our services and staff members.
- Have their complaints investigated and resolved promptly.
- Be treated politely, fairly.
Customers have the responsibility to:
- Obey the rules and regulations of the hospital.
- Make complaints when necessary.
- Be polite to the staff members.
Staff members have the right to:
- Be treated politely by the customers.
- Complain about patients not complying with the hospital’s rules and regulations.
Staff members have the responsibilities to:
- Discharge their duties in a professional, friendly and timely manner.
- Treat all customer fairly and politely.
Dr. Dennis Allagoa